The strategic objectives of the Slovene NDPCP are to:
To strengthen population health with a focus on diabetes through activities that are complementary to other programmes, plans and projects.
To delay or prevent type 2 diabetes and increase the chances of its early detection in individuals and to provide empowerment and a high level of health literacy specifically adapted to individuals with unfavourable health determinants.
To reduce complications and mortality caused by diabetes and increase quality of life, including long-term care.
WHAT IS NDPCP:
“In Slovenia, diabetes matters to us all!”
NDPCP at- a- glance
The objectives of the National Diabetes Prevention and Care Programme 2010–2020 (hereinafter: the 2010–2020 NDPCP) were to reduce the incidence of type-2 diabetes, prevent or delay type 2 diabetes in persons at high risk, increase the opportunities for early detection of diabetes, and reduce complications and mortality due to diabetes.
There are three overall objectives of the 2020–2030 NDPCP which have been substantially upgraded (the measures for the implementation of objective No 2 and objective No 3 of the 2010–2020 NDPCP are interconnected in the system):
- to strengthen the population health, with a special focus on diabetes;
- to delay or prevent type 2 diabetes in persons at increased risk and increase opportunities for early detection of diabetes; and
- to reduce complications and mortality caused by diabetes and increase quality of life, including long-term care.
Approaches and tools to implement the partners’ common idea include, for example, health literacy and support in the process of empowerment for successful self-management of diabetes and quality of life; having clinical guidelines, clinical pathways, cooperation protocols, a care plan, a discharge plan, a care coordinator and a case coordinator; a common approach to health at the level of municipalities; and a new coordination and integration structure or process at the area/regional levels and coordinated and integrated cross-sectoral measures at the area/regional levels and at the level of local communities.
- The National Diabetes Prevention and Care Programme 2020-2030 is available HERE.
- Enclosure 1 National Diabetes Prevention and Care Programme 2020–2030. Development strategy Programme Implementation Method and Guidelines until 2030 is available HERE.
- USER FRIENDLY: The National Diabetes Prevention and Care Programme 2020-2030 - SHORT is available HERE.